16 Ilir Palembang Market

Bookmark and Share


Location: Periphery Ilir, Musi River
This market is estimated to begin to develop in the mid-19th century. Trading activity, which is already begun in the Palembang Darussalam Sultanate, especially going on the banks of Musi River. Only the last trade at that time was not permanent or permanent. The traders, who generally come from areas uluan (Musi river) bringing in produce, especially fruits, vegetables, and other needs by boat awning



Stretching the economy and around 16 Ilir actually been commenced in Hindi Prince Kimas Ario Kesumo Abdulrohim move the center of power from the 1 Ilir burned by the East India Company in 1659 to Kuto Cerancang (now Beringin beard area, and around the Old Mosque) in the year 1662. Economic pulse is increasingly felt as the grandson of the first Emperor Kimas Hindi title Palembang Sultan Abdurrahman Khalifatul Sayidul Faithful Imam of Sultan Mahmud Badaruddin Jayo Wikramo move to Kuto kecik court, as the construction of the Great Mosque in 1738.

The area was also a settlement bank of the river, with riverside culture system (Riverine culture) adopted its people. River Tengkuruk and Rendang River which empties into the River Musi River Kapuran be ersama "fortress" for the Great Mosque and the Palace Kuto

Kecik the trade center at that time. People from the upstream and downstream of Musi River carrying and selling natural products along the banks of this river.

After conquering the Sultanate of Palembang Darussalam in 1821, the Netherlands and raised the potential of the region's economy. Planning begins with the development of "tailored" to its original state.

As regional trade, retail and office buildings built along the banks of Tengkuruk. As is typically the current market developments, trading at 16 Ilir market starts "growing market", which is situated on the banks of the Musi River (now Building 16 Ilir Market New to the River Rendang, Jl Kebumen).


The pattern of trade in that location, at least until the early 1900s, starting with the gathering of traders' cungkukan "(stretch), which then evolved with the development of permanent quadrats.

For the New Market area (until now still named Jl Pasar Baru) when it had lined up two-story building at the bottom to the selling. Los-los built around the year 1918 and dipermanenkan around 1939.

Meanwhile, the mouth of the River Rendang become one of "the dock" option awning boat (boat-roofed) docked. The boat, which also became a place to live, it brings the earth from the area in the Musi river to be traded on the market 16 Ilir. The same is true in Sekanak River. According W.F. Wertheim (1958), Municipality (Gemeente) later pronounced as a tongue Palembang Haminte do some development policies. Such parks built in Talangsemut, center

trading at 16 Ilir, the port on the River Rendang, and the central offices around the Citadel and Tengkuruk. These policies include making plans boulevard. To realize the plan, backfilled Tengkuruk River in 1928. On it was built in a two-lane road.

On the left side of the Musi River saw the tree line, and right, two-story building, which is the office. Area 16 Ilir as the center of the economy seem more "alive". Especially when there rubberboom around 1912 and 1915, the people in the Prefecture of Palembang (in all areas in South Sumatra) so easy to buy a car. Increased prosperity increasingly become after 1920. In the year 1920, private cars have reached 300 units. However, in 1927, it has increased to 3475 units. This car consists of a variety of them, including Ford, Albion, Rugby, Chevrolet, and Whitesteam (Djohan Hanafiah: Wanted, mayor Eligible: 2005).

How the gecko the wealthy businessman and the time seems to be the "face" Market 16 Ilir. News in South Pertja, July 17, 1926, writing that in the region Rendang River, has stood the Ford showroom. In fact, even car dealers have used newspapers as a means of promotion in the form of advertising. In subsequent developments, namely the time of independence, the economy struggled more visible in this region. Among other things, according to oral testimony of several people who lived at that time, the existence of several banks in Jl Tengkuruk. That is, the Nederland Indische Bank, Bank Esconto, Chinese Bank, Bank Ekonomi, and Bank Indonesia. Near the Bank of Indonesia, there is electricity office adjacent to the Tax Office. Near the Chinese Bank, berderat also called Cuan Ho building, which is a kind of transportation service business (the expedition). These companies transport goods from the market Boombaru Ilir 16. At this time, coolie dikenallah king, namely those Sino-built and strong. Nearby, there Dezon Store, or shop as the sun according Plembang wong. At the edge of the Musi River, there are two docks. Namely, the ferry boats dock at the Boat Dock downstream and Marie in the upstream (currently, its location under the bridge Ampera).

The high levels of trade, is also seen from the history of the transfer port in Palembang in the Dutch colonial period. Also note the number of ships passing in and out of the Musi River to the city. As the fall of the Sultanate of Palembang Darussalam, the Dutch built the so-called Boom harbor in front of Castle Jeti Kuto Besak (now Procurement and Transportation [Bek Ang] II Sriwijaya military command). Previously, there were 35 ports in the region Ilir. In 1914, the port moved to the mouth of the River Rendang (now known as Gudang Garam). By reason ports can no longer accommodate the ship and out, the Dutch again

move the port to the area between the River and River Lawang Kidul Belebak. Harbor known as the New Boom is determined by the Governor General of Dutch East Indies via Staadblad No. 545 Year 1924. At that time, a long dock about 250 meters and is equipped with the Office of Customs Doane or floating. In comparison, large-scale commercial development of exports and imports in Palembang can be seen from the total number of ships that move and the number of items in the two ports at two different times. In 1880, the ship is active in many Jeti Boom 177 units with some 30,330 volumes of goods cubic meters (now, the unit used is TEUS). As the year 1929, the number of ships reached 1559 units and 4,050,408 meters of goods goods transported kubik.Semua flagship Dutch East Indies, Dutch, English, German, French, Norwegian, Swedish,

How the gecko the wealthy businessman and the time seems to be the "face" Market 16 Ilir. News in South Pertja, July 17, 1926, writing that in the region Rendang River, has stood the Ford showroom. In fact, even car dealers have used newspapers as a means of promotion in the form of advertising. In subsequent developments, namely the time of independence, the economy struggled more visible in this region. Among other things, according to oral testimony of several people who lived at that time, the existence of several banks in Jl Tengkuruk. That is, the Nederland Indische Bank, Bank Esconto, Chinese Bank, Bank Ekonomi, and Bank Indonesia. Near the Bank of Indonesia, there is electricity office adjacent to the Tax Office. Near the Chinese Bank, berderat also called Cuan Ho building, which is a kind of transportation service business (the expedition). These companies transport goods from the market Boombaru Ilir 16. At this time, coolie dikenallah king, namely those Sino-built and strong. Nearby, there Dezon Store, or shop as the sun according Plembang wong. At the edge of the Musi River, there are two docks. Namely, the ferry boats dock at the Boat Dock downstream and Marie in the upstream (currently, its location under the bridge Ampera).

{ 0 Comment... Views All / Send Comment! }

Post a Comment